Thursday, April 17, 2008

Past halfway for Nicstah!! Week 7

Monday April 14th -- day forty-six
After work ran 1:16. Felt very dehydrated from yesterday's epic exercise but had to bolt to Oakville to see some sick kiddies.
Km : 17

Tuesday April 15th -- day forty-seven
OKAY! Today I feel it. Doesn't help that I barely had dins last night and only a drop of aqua. Ooops. Barely made it over 50mins.
Km : 12 (a generous 12!)

Wednesday April 16th -- day forty-eight
am: 20min to make up for last night's dismal effort!
pm: Track: 4k w'up, 4x200 (39-36 wow I'm slow!), 3x1.2k (4:08, 4:09, 4:07), 2x.8k (2:41, 2:39), 1.2k (4:04 - someone ran with me for two laps = much easier!) , 4k c'down. Felt pretty good just not zippy. Nice to be on the track, when did I start liking track work-outs???
Km : 20

Thursday April 17th -- day forty-nine
am: chiro for my spasmy back. Ouch!
pm: did my long run b/c of race this weekend. 2hr to a tee. Felt ok but tough to run at 5pm long after a 5:30am wake-up!
Km : 28

Friday April 18th -- day fifty
Ok I thought I'd added this but it never showed up onscreen. Darn!
Early morning start to fly to Mtrl (bumped up to business class = sweeeeeeeeet!) Busy day with work meetings all the way till dinner. No run but that's ok, I kind of knew it would be a day off.
Km : 0

Saturday April 19th -- day fifty-one
Ran up Mt Royal with 2 Brooks guys. On way back down back spasmed again. I couldn't even do strides, felt like the wind had been knocked out of me. Suck it up Buttercup! Asked Whitsey to do some work on it when I got back. Nerves???
Km : 10

Sunday April 20th -- day fifty-two
Race day! 1/2 marathon champs. I wish I was more fit then I would have run like TQS and sat with Catherine the Great (Ndereba) for as long as I could. As luck would have it, I was fortunate to even start the race. My back was in serious distress as soon as I woke up. After warm-up jog, I asked Coach if I should even attempt to race. He suggested to start then evaluate after a few km and bail if necessary. So I started (painfully!) but by 4km no more back pain and I got clickin'. I was pleased to finish 2nd Cdn in 1:15:21. Splits were silly : 17:30/17:40/17:56/18:24 - doh! Ok, I have some endurance to work on for the marathon next month! But I PB'ed in the drug testing with 2x the amount of sample required. Yay me! No cool down due to drug testing and then scooting out of there. Pleased with the day but worried about the consequences to my back. I have a marathon to run in 5 weeks!!!
Km : 25

Week total
Km : 113 (oops, low!)

3 comments:

Unknown said...

Nicster - you rock. What race did you do last weekend? Just think, only about a month left of DOD!

Toronto fast cats said...

Dudette, you're takin' it HOME!!! What race is this weekend? I'm out a tha loop...

sr

Toronto fast cats said...

Nice race Nicaroo. How's the back now?

sr