Wednesday, April 30, 2008

Nico Week Nine-Oh

Monday April 28th -- Day sixty
Ok, I've given up the food discipline of the 84 days. I've been pretty good about what I've been eating but I have gained a pound or two! I totally thought I'd be tiny by now. Oh well, at least I'm running well.
Today I did a very easy morning run in Montreal with one of my workmates. I got home at 8pm then headed out again. I had a "Snow White" kind of run. The birds were chirping, squirrels and bunnies were crossing the path and then -- a buck and a doe ran by! The doe stopped and gave me a wink then kept going. Oh Toronto...who knew?
Km : 17

Tuesday April 29th -- Day sixty-one
Brrrr chillsville. Ran in evening 1hr 28min
Km : 20

Wednesday April 30th -- Day sixty-two
No morning run, just lazy and stressed with heavy work stuff. In the evening I worked out on the track in Newmarket. We did 4x200(I couldn't break 36 -Doh!), 1.6k (5:37), 2x0.8k (2:44), 3x1k(3:25). One teammate mentioned my "slow" times. I guess he was right - I used to average 3:10-3:15 for 6k work-outs. Hopefully I'll be back there by fall!
Km : 17

Thursday May 1st -- Day sixty-three
Chiro in am. Lots of work. I feel stressed and I also pigged out today. I'm taking a day off so I'll feel rested for the weekend (not to mention my tummy probably wouldn't co-operate anyway!)
Km : 0

Friday May 2nd -- Day sixty-four
Ok, so some of my discipline has waned. No am run. I did get out (after a nap) later this afternoon for 1hr 20min. I feel SO tired, it's crazy. I'm sure it's from the change in weather and all the flora blooming out there.
Km : 18

Saturday May 3rd -- Day sixty-five
I have been a real whiner this week, eh? I'm sure it's from a couple of crazy weeks of work, travel and trying to run fast. This morning I feel better. I skipped a bike ride with Dr Z (sorry to bail!) and took a leisurely first couple hours to the day. Then I drove to the west end of the belt line and ran for 1hr 19mins and really enjoyed it. If I get the gumption today, I might even do some yoga to help relax before the big effort tomorrow.
Km : 18

Sunday May 4th -- Day sixty-six
Big ol' marsh run, last one before race day. 35km in 2:16:35. I think we were fairly even. I fell back from the leaders over the last 3km but I guess that's ok...I'll guess at splits for each 6k: 27:21, 47:2, 1:11:20, 1:34? 1:54:51.
Km : 37 (w' wup and c'down)

Week total
Km : 127

1 comment:

Toronto fast cats said...

Dude, sorry about the work stress. I hope they realize how much you're giving them! re pigging out - I just had a glass of wine and a bunch of nachos post-dinner. I think we need food as comfort sometimes to unwind. Don't stress it - you're as fit as a fiddle.

sr