Saturday, April 12, 2008

Good Alcohol week = Bad Running week

Monday - that Pilates video was the hardest thing I've ever done. And it was only a half hour session. It was worse than the first time we did Yoga together (and you ladies remember how bad I was then?!?).

Tues - best 5K run in about a year. 27.5 minutes (I know its twice as slow as the rest of you crazy runners!!). Then I celebrated with a couple martinis at Canoe and some wine with dinner at Jump.

Wed - Bistro 990 for dinner. Only 2-1/2 glasses of wine and one sour apple martini. No Running. But abs still hurt from Pilates on Monday.

Thurs - Volleyball night. We won! But no Running. No drinks either.

Fri - Drinks after work (only one vodka & cran) followed by Thai Food. No running.

Sat - 19kms again. Same route as last week, except no walking this time! Although, I was only about 5 minutes faster than last week, which meant I must have slowed down my pace quite a bit. But at least I ran it without walking! Tonight - will celebrate with a couple of Margaritas.

My plan for tomorrow - try the pilates video again! Next week - no alcohol.

J. Lau

1 comment:

Toronto fast cats said...

JLo,

I love it! You are living a "balanced" training routine with a nice variety of alcoholic recovery drinks. Totally awesome!
Let me know next time you do the Pilates and I'll join you. I haven't taken mine out of its case yet.
NS