Sunday, April 20, 2008

Back in T.O.

Saturday, April 19
Off. Does 12 hours of travel with an 11 1/2 month old count as exercise? There were non-stop squats of bending down to pick up/sort through luggage while holding a 20 lb baby, and non-stop lifting and carrying in various positions of said baby. My legs actually felt like they had had a workout the next day. One time I squated down while holding him and hovered there for a while almost not making it back up. Now THAT would have been embarrassing!

Sunday, April 20
run 1 hour. Awesome day! Legs were a bit fatigued (ref April 19) but it was so nice out that the run was enjoyable.

Monday, April 21
10 mins with H in the BOB to Riverdale Farms and the same home after hanging out. Is that log-able? Pretty pitiful.

Tuesday, April 22
42 mins in the evening. I went before dinner and was a tad underfueled so it felt harder than it should have.

Wednesday, April 23
Off. Hmm, maybe I will have to start training for something in order to get my butt out there??

Thursday, April 24
40 min run in the evening. Fealt great. Was well fuelled with H's leftover dinner. Nice evening.
Nic, do I really have to do the marathon, or can I just do the half?

Friday, April 25
Off. 1st day of work - exhausted! I was definitely feeling it at 2pm when I normally nap... (think I'd get much sympathy from my boss if I gave him that excuse??)

Sat, April 26
The guy I coach had a 45 min Tempo slotted for today so I told him I'd run it with him. I was expecting an easy effort as I've gotten together with him twice for workouts before. Wow. He seriously challenged me through the run. I'm super pleased - he's one of those awesome athletes you love to coach who follows your program to a T. Hope he has a good one in Mississauga. Total was 1 hour 4 mins for me.

Sunday, April 27
54 min run up don valley trail then down moore pk ravine. Nice. Then ran with Dan and H in the BOB to Riverdale Farm and back. Hey, I'm counting that! ok, Nic, I'll think about racing the Half. Better get in touch with Ross again. I'm not into the long long runs anymore, but I can handle some intensity (I think...)

3 comments:

Toronto fast cats said...

SR,
For sure lugging the babe around counts as true cross training!
N

Toronto fast cats said...

SR,
Feel free to chill for a few weeks because as of mid June you are training for Toronto Waterfront Marathon. So enjoy these lazy days while you can! You get 7 weeks to get used to the work thing.
You'll love me for this one day!
N

Toronto fast cats said...

Hmmmm full or half? Here's the deal. You can either run the full OR commit to RACING the half. You decide! You are da bomb!
N