Wednesday, April 23, 2008

Nicadoodle Week 8

Monday April 21 -- Day fifty-three
Ouch! Back is back-breakin'! Tried to run after work and managed 43min. I'll call it 10k but that's questionable! Got chiro treatment in evening with acupuncture and ART. Hope it kicks in.
Km : 10

Tuesday April 22 -- Day fifty-four
Still very bad back. No run, no nothin'. Having a tough time getting around and especially getting up - maybe I should just stay standing?
Km : 0

Wednesday April 23 - Day fifty-five
Ok I need to get training here! Still stiff in am but I think not as bad. In afternoon went out for a jog. Very stiff till about 40min then things seemed to ease as long as I didn't stop (ie: traffic lights). Total time 1hr 10min. 
I think it's time to get crackin' again! Can't afford to take much time here, so if I'm healthy enough in the morning I'll do a work-out. I have chiro at the crack of dawn so I'll tell him that I'm getting back on track - no pain allowed!
Km : 16

Thursday April 24th -- Day fifty-six
Ok, I have to thank goodness that the world developed chiropractors and acupuncture! I saw Dr DO'C this morning and he totally fixed me! I was able to do an 8k work-out at Mt Pleasant afterwards and averaged 3:23/km or something. Yahoooo! Then I flew to Calgary and no probs. I even did a 2nd run when I landed just to socialize with Jer D and Ken M. Oh I'm so happy!
Km : 25

Friday April 25th -- Day fifty-seven
Wow time is tickin' eh? Man I hope everything goes well on May 25......today I ran 1:17 with Lisa H and Jer D and Ken M in Calgary. I had to break out the tights and jacket again but it was worth it for the company.
Km : 17

Saturday April 26th -- Day fifty-eight
I got up early and drove to Canmore with Jer D. I don't usually tag on extras to business trips but I do love the Rockies. Jer and I ran 1hr 24min (I was hurtin' the first 1/2 hr!!! altitude? mountains? travel? I had tons of excuses!) then I hopped into the inaugural rocky mtn women's 11km race. The first loop I conceded to finish with a silver but during the 2nd loop I caught the leader and I couldn't resist but throw in a 2k surge to win me the crown by 2mins. It was probably a bigger effort than I needed to do today but for a total long run of 2hr 10min I really only pushed for about 10mins, so that can't be soooo bad??? I had to bolt right out of there to fly home and was pleasantly surprised to be upgraded to business class. Nice! Twice in two weeks that's happened...
Km : 30

Sunday April 27th -- Day fifty-nine
Geez this week went by fast! I can't believe there are only 4 weeks to go. Only one real long run left. I'm feeling good and ready and hungry (for a good race, well and hungry in general!) Today I had a tough time getting out of bed but managed to get out the door and drive up to Aurora to cheer on a bunch of Huskies in the 5k at Hartwell. BSD also drove up and did his long run. I did 70mins with lots of stops/starts for cheering and socializing (glad I did my long run yesterday!) Now off to Montreal for 25hrs. I should bring stuff to do a morning run but maybe I'll just do circuits in my hotel room instead! I don't want to check my bag, lazy me.
Km : 16

Week total
Km : 114 (2 weeks in a row of lower mileage...hmmmm)

3 comments:

Toronto fast cats said...

Ooh, maybe don't push the back? It sounds pretty bad. Are you taking some good drugs? Does biking or pool-running hurt it? You'll work it out - stay strong sistah!

sr

Toronto fast cats said...

Wow. Taking the mountain run title in the middle of a training run while travelling for business - all in a day's work for NS. Sounds like you're cookin' these days - lookout!

sr

Unknown said...

Come on Maggie, you can do it!