Tuesday, April 1, 2008

April 1 Suzanne

way to go at ATB ladies! no surprises there, but still proud of you!

CJ were you able to get outside during lunch today while it was sunny?

am missing my training partner:( it's amazing how important they are to us huh? she's getting ready to kick some butt in Arizona tho, so i'll forgive her her absence.

took a full day off on Friday and while i'm implementing those into my schedule, i can't say i like them much:)

Saturday: thanks to Nic and Jen, I got in an hour of my long run with company. i lifted later that day while Andy went to his trainer session...i confess to watching him out of the corner of my eye and giggling uncontrollably many times:) Piper came to goodlife with me. she's a trainer at Bay and Bloor and always has some new stuff to show me.

Sunday: 5km master's swim practice, ride and lifting. got a great MASSAGE from my friend Suzette who is also my RMT that i don't see that much because she is so kind and gives me a discount and i don't want to over use it. but, i must relate the upper body treatment thing--bet you guys NEVER get that worked on. i didn't before i started swimming and i gotta say it can be as painful as getting your IT bands stripped! still, i love it!

Monday: masters swim in the morning and mount pleasant in the PM: 5 x4minuters with 1 between...with Piper who kicked my butt on the last two, but that's good for me. my tummy still is not cooperating for hard tempo stuff...any suggestions other than not eating for the whole day?

Tuesday: hard bike in the AM and easy swim of drills and steady stuff in the PM followed by legs and abs in the weight room.

re: your diet confession Nic...i think that's ok...you were away on business after all.

2 comments:

Toronto fast cats said...

SZ : training partners are a MUST. And as that is so true, are you joining me on my long run this weekend? I could do Sat or Sun (I'll pick best weather day!)
NS

Toronto fast cats said...

I love all your lifting Suzanne! I agree that upper body shouldn't be ignored even if you're doing all lower body sports (which you aren't). Mine's a mess now 'cause of holding H all the time. I should get some therapy on it too. Oh, and re the tummy troubs, I don't think not eating would help, but maybe small meals throughout the day and limit caffeine? I used to get that before running workouts sometimes 'cause I'd get nervous for them. In fact, just being in an indoor track inspires "tummy troubs" for me. I guess Mt Pleasant isn't the best for washrooms, eh? Good work though - you and your bod will figure it out.

sr