Monday, April 21, 2008

Julie's recap from last week

A much better running week for me! And hardly any alcohol!

Seanna - your beer mile record is mentioned in the latest issue of Canadian Running!!

Mon - Did an awesome hill training run - I haven't done hills since January, and I smoked my overall time by 45 seconds.

Tues - Light run with my sis. Legs still hurt from hills.

Wed - Tempo runs with the running room girls around Wanless Park.

Thurs - Rest

Fri - Light 5 k run.

Sat - Got my ass kicked on an 18.5 k run with one of the running room girls. Then I came home, walk / ran (more of a walk) up to Finch & Willowdale to meet my sis who ran from her house to mine (yup - she runs now), and then did a slow walk/run back to my house. Then helped my dad move furniture for two hours. Topped off the night at the Bier Markt - only 3 drinks all week!

I'm hoping to really push myself this week. I'd like to break 55 minutes at Sporting Life...and, although I'd love to break 2 hours at the Mississauga Half, I'll stick with a more realistic goal of about 2:06.

J.

2 comments:

Toronto fast cats said...

JLo,
You are on FIRE! What improvement over the previous week of drinking extravaganzas. Holy big day on Saturday. Nice one!!
N

Toronto fast cats said...

Nice training week so far JLo! You'll rock the 10K and the half at this pace!

sr