Monday, March 17, 2008

Seanna - Week of March 17 - 23

Okay, I'm going to take on Nic's format and do this all as one week posts to keep the headers a bit more organized. Although they're going to get less exciting from here on in as I take it down for the race...

Monday, March 17th
1 hour 13 min run. Really nice sunny day, but felt tired. Body tired, not lack of sleep tired. Went pretty easy mostly back and forth along the boardwalk with some loops in the Beach neighbourhoods.
p.m. - am going to Asthanga yoga tonight which for some reason always seems to be a great workout for me. I feel I need the stretching and my mind needs some peace...

Tuesday, March 18th
45 min bike. Did about 20 mins of 1 minute on, 1 min off (alternating high cadence w high resistence).

Wednesday, March 19th
Off. This is my first completely off day in a while. Feeling tired and a tad unmotivated.

Thursday, March 20th
First day of Spring! Did Ross' workout #1 along boardwalk - 4 x 6 min hard w 2 min easy. Worked hard but felt flat-ish/deep body tired, especially at the end. Had to concentrate to finish it, but I did. Walked the last little bit of my cool-down home. Holy, I hope I bounce back from this bit of fatigue. It's one of those where you wouldn't really notice it in your day to day life, just in workouts (I don't even necessarily notice it on the bike). Anyway, I guess that's about it for my hard bits 'till the race. I have one more short tempo this weekend and I'll probably do a taper workout next week.

Friday, March 21st
Easy 30 min jog. Normally I take Fridays off but since Dan was here I thought I'd enjoy the sunshine. Went super easy. For some reason I've been craving (and drinking) Coke lately?!? Weird. Not Diet Coke (which I used to drink but for some reason haven't felt like since being pregnant) but the Real Thing. I don't think I've had Coke since I was a kid (apart from the odd one or two mixed with Rum). Hmmm... oh well, I'll indulge it a bit and hope it goes away.

Saturday, March 22nd
Easy short "tempo". Did 10 min warm-up then 20 min tempo along the Spit (creative with my routes, aren't I?) Still feeling flat and tired - came down with a sore throat last night, so at least there's a reason for it. I hope this sickness gets out of my system before next weekend. Hugsy's been coughing a lot (yesterday and through the night) so I guess we have the same thing. Anyway, turned my "tempo" into a bit of a slower workout - more like 30 K race pace. Ah well, I can tell my bod doesn't want to be pushed right now or it might push me over the edge.

Sunday, March 23rd
40 min easy. Exciting post, eh?

2 comments:

Toronto fast cats said...

Good call Seanna. You've got to be ready to rock on Mar 30!
N

Toronto fast cats said...

SR,
6-minute repeats aren't the easiest thing to do. Especially in the cold and on your own. You will feel zippitydoodah in one week's time!
N