Monday, March 24, 2008

Seanna-na - Race Week

Monday, March 24th
45 min bike in the a.m. I would be running during these sessions, but when it's just an easy recovery run it's actually more of a hassle to get hugsy over to Tanis', etc... so I just bike instead. I know, I probably need the extra miles for the bay, but that's life these days.
p.m. yoga - good sesh - I should sleep well tonight

Tuesday, March 25th
45 min run with 15 x 1 min hard, 1 min easy. So now I'm paranoid that I started my taper too early and that I haven't done enough. I had a chat with BSD today and he basically started training when I started tapering. I was soooo tired though! Anyway, what's done is done, but I'm not overly confident.

Wednesday, March 26th
45 min bike with some pick-ups to keep it interesting. Then swimming with Hugs at noon. I only add this b/c it was exhausting. H no longer likes to just be held in the water, but flails in a direction so that I "swim" him around. He didn't stop moving for the entire 45 mins, so neither did I!

Thursday, March 27th
47 min run w 25 mins at race pace (I think?) Felt good - ran along boardwalk - warm with sun shining - yay!

Friday, March 28th
25 min v easy bike. Really just an excuse to take a shower 'cause sometimes I forget if I don't work out!

Sat, March 29th
23 mins at a comfortably fast-ish pace. Felt good. Think I'm feeling ready as I'll ever be!

3 comments:

Toronto fast cats said...

Nice work Seanna. Taper now, no junk miles needed!
Here's a hard-core article I came across when I googled our site (people are finding us!)
http://www.graciemag.com/news/150/ARTICLE/6704/2007-03-23.html

Toronto fast cats said...

Seanna, no psyching yourself out. We should have started the blog earlier for you because you have been running aplenty. You will do great this weekend. Start out slowly and kick all kinds of asses after 1/2-way. You are a superstar - believe it!!
N

Toronto fast cats said...

SR, Ok I'm all caught up! Sorry I was MIA a bit this week. Grumpy Gal was keeping to herself!
N