Wednesday, March 12, 2008

Nicster Week Two

Monday March 10 -- Day ten
In Berlin. Ran 1:20, nice to run here on a path beside the river although I got lost for 10 minutes when I made a wrong turn on the way home. Doh!
Km: 18

Tuesday March 11 -- Day eleven
In Berlin. Not much time so huffed it for 62mins at solid tempo pace (I ran as fast as I could, felt like a little kid!) Not sure if people were staring at me because of my pace, my casper skin tone or that I was the only person around in shorts and a tee. Hey +10C is warm to me!!
Km: 15

Wednesday March 12 -- Day twelve
Return from Berlin. Traveled 10+ hours. Got home and made BSDan run with me. Surprisingly I felt good on the run and challenged poor Dan who was still recovering from his long run. Sorry!
Km: 17

Thursday March 13 -- Day thirteen
Ok not to be an ego freak but I'm pretty proud of myself today. I left work close to 4pm then headed out the door: 6km warm-up then 8.4km(!!!!!) of intervals. Average was 3:30/km so not too speedy but I'm impressed I did it all without slacking off on the long intervals. Yay! I also did 25min of circuits in the morning. Maybe I should fly overseas more often? Seems to increase my motivation.
Km: 17

Fri/Sat Mar 14-15 -- Days four/fifteen
Easy run with SZ Friday evening. Nice and sunny out. Thank goodness the snow is melting! Saturday ran with BBLJ for easy 12. Amazing how short 12km feels these days!
Km: 29 (2 days)

Sunday March 16 - Day sixteen : EXECUTION RUN!!!
Met Coach and the Brooks group up in Newmarket at the marsh. It was freezing up there compared to my 'hood! Ran with LK, TQS, Hugo and BW(she had to bail early due to foot issues, poor lass). We did 35km at pretty even, relaxed pace of 3:58/km average then motored the last 2km. I hit 6:48, TQS 6:39 and LK and Hugo just back from me about 8 seconds. I have only three words to describe how I feel: I AM BACK!
When I returned home I hopped into a cold bath and 1 hour later I'm still freezing. I can't wait for a heavenly din tonight with SZ!! Anyone else free to join?
Km: 35

Week totals:
Km: 130
Cross train: 30min circuits

2 comments:

Toronto fast cats said...

Nice one Casper! They were staring 'cause of your speedster pace. Don't worry - it'll be sunny here soon enough...

Toronto fast cats said...

Killer! You're back in style sistah! I'm hoping to finish 30 k as my "big event" and you crush it in a training run. You rock.