Sunday, March 16, 2008

Seanna - Sat/Sun

Wow, Suzanne! Your workouts are insane! In a great way. Why the 2 hour runs? I agree with Nic- Ironman or at least Half, here you come! Isn't Tara a long-course athlete?

CJ, nice job on the run. I'm an obsessive pee-er before I head out the door 'cause I hate stopping if I'm in a groove. Also, it's tough to pull a "Paula" in the winter as there's less foliage for cover.

Saturday I ran with an athlete who I'm coaching for the Mississauga Marathon. I had him doing a 25 min tempo run so we ran along the spit. It ended up being 55 mins of running, but quite slow. I think I'm being generous in calling it 7 miles.

Sunday (today) I did my own tempo along the spit. Great footing, gorgeous sparkling water on either side of me, and super sunny. Unfortunately the wind was at my back on the way out, but I kept it strong the whole way. Managed to do 45 min at tempo pace. Calling the whole thing 9 miles (again, generous - probably really 8 +, but whatevs). That was my last long tempo. Now just to keep the workouts in to stay sharp but take down the overall effort and mileage...

No comments: