Monday, March 17, 2008

Nicolita Week Three

Monday March 17th -- Day seventeen
Oy vey she's a tired, hungry machine today! I meant to do some kind of exercise in the morning (stretch, circuit, spin?) but nothing happened. I felt brutal but after a day full of excessive water intake, I felt better by late afternoon. I ran 1:16 easy and enjoyed every minute of it. I was thinking of working out tomorrow but I might give myself one more day of recovery.
Km: 17

Tuesday March 18th -- Day eighteen
To work out or rest an extra day? Made a call to Coach H and he advised just an easy run with tempo with the group tomorrow night. I'll take the rare advice to rest!
Km: 17

Wednesday March 19th -- Day nineteen
Up north 12.5km in 50mins with a 25min cool down. Always good to see my running peeps. No cross training or circuits in ages. That will be a goal this weekend.
Km: 17

Thursday March 20th -- Day twenty
Wow busy one for the first day of spring. Up at 5am to catch 7am flight to Montreal. 5+ hours of meetings then flight and drive home. Phew! Snuck in 1hr easy. Need to stretch and hydrate. Thank goodness the weekend has started. Yahoooo!
Km: 14

Friday March 21st -- Day twenty-one
Woohoo 63 days to go! Today SZ and I met up to enjoy the sunshine during a run and a walk in Leaside and bought some healthy grub for dins. But a trash mag sucked me in when I got home and now I need to do circuits or some kind of core stuff and clean all the cat fur in here.  
Km : 17

Saturday March 22nd -- Day twenty-two
Early bird work-out (7:30am) in Newmarket. We did some hills (4x780m), 1x1.8km then 2.7km of the hill loop consecutively. Good show for a freezing March day. Still no extras in terms of circuits/biking but oh well. I feel good and fit.
Km : 18

Sunday March 23rd -- Day twenty-three
Dragged Krista (all the way from Orillia) and BSDan out for 2:10 very easy. I called it 30km but it was probably more like 28-29. Whatevs. It all balances out in the wash, right? I love these 4-day weekends. Wish we had more of them!
Km : 30

Week
Km : 130
X-train : NONE!

3 comments:

Toronto fast cats said...

Holy shnikies Nicaroo - that's one busy day! Hope the "healthy" easter bunny is good to you this weekend - you deserve it!
sr

Toronto fast cats said...

Oh, and thanks for your encouraging comments to me - I'll take your words to heart!

sr

Toronto fast cats said...

Nice one Nicola! I'm jeals of you and SZ's girl time runs. One of these days hopefully I'll be able to join you...

sr