Tuesday, May 6, 2008

One more week till taper for Nicola!!

Monday May 5th -- Day sixty-seven
I did a slight jog this morning and was so sore that I had to suck it up for a short cold bath afterwards. I don't care if it's theoretical, I think it helped! In the evening, did a 55min run with BW.
Km : 19

Tuesday May 6th -- Day sixty-eight
Aaah nice easy morning with some sit-ups for kicks. I had a brutal work day (I swear I almost lost it!!) and wasn't coping well with all the demands that keep being put on me. BUT as soon as I got home, I headed out at 6pm and ran for 90 minutes and hit as many trails as I could. That made my day MUCH better!!
Km : 21

Wednesday May 7th -- Day sixty-nine
No morning run. Grumpy run from yesterday has followed me today. After work I trekked up to Nmkt for track practice. 7k w' up, 4x200 (35-37, faster this time). 800(2:44), 1.2k(4:04), 600 (1:56), 1k (3:24), 1.6k (5:33), 1k (3:23). 4k c'down. Felt ok but wish I was faster. I must be nervous already with all this negative energy.
Km : 18

Thursday May 8th -- Day seventy
Easy 12km
Km : 12

Friday May 9th -- Day seventy-one
Met Brooks peeps for 10+k at marathon pace. Only did half of it, got all uptight and tense about work to do that day and other crap, etc, etc, etc! Shake it off. Pull yourself together Nic! 5.4k @ 3.39/k pace.
Km : 15

Saturday May 10th -- Day seventy-two
Run with SR and BSD for a social outing. 57min
Km : 13

Sunday May 11th -- Day seventy-three
Total procrastination day. I babysat my niece and nephew in the morning, then instead of running Oakville, I hung out with my bro for the afternoon. Finally I left my house at 4pm with the intention of doing at least a semi-long run. Well, things perked up and I clocked 2:22! Yay me!!! Taper starts tomorrow. I hope my moods co-operate!
Km : 33

Week total
Km : 131

No comments: